Our Pre-Kindergarten program for 4 and 5 year old students at the Charles Finney School offers a caring and supportive environment that fosters the spiritual, social, emotional and cognitive growth of each child. In Pre-Kindergarten we provide opportunities for exploration and mastery in school readiness skills. Some key components of the curriculum include developing the following skills essential for lifelong learning such as
- Speaking and Listening Skills
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills
- Creative and Critical Thinking Skills
Our curriculum is fun and engaging and comprises the following academic components.
- Bible: Bible stories, scripture verses, daily prayer
- Literacy Concepts: letter recognition/formation and letter sound association
- Pre-reading Skills: phonemic awareness, rhyming, syllable counting and sound blending
- Math Concepts: number recognition and formation, ordering numbers, simple patterns, graphing, number sense, shape recognition and properties, simple addition and subtraction
- Science Concepts: introduction to physical science, life science and earth science
Students will also enjoy participating in daily specials such as music, gym, art and library.