Please contact he school for the current tuition rates. Tuition covers the following:
- School counselor & academic support
- Textbooks & workbooks (high school courses only)
- AP testing fees
- Field trips (does not include Sr. Trip expenses)
- Administrative Costs
- School uniform polo (2)/ one fleece 9-11th grades only; school uniform is not required of seniors)
- Physical Education uniform; one t-shirt
- Communication with host parents
- Extracurricular activities that require fees (robotics, sports, etc.)
The Charles Finney School is a day school and does not offer boarding. International students typically find host families through an agency. However the school will find a host family if you chose not to use an agency. There is a monthly host family fee above tuition.
International coordinating agency fees will vary from agency to agency.
Typical host families should provide you with the following;
- 3 meals a day (student may chose to purchase school lunches with personal funds)
- A separate bedroom and healthy home environment
- Social, spiritual, cultural and emotional support
- Monitoring of student academic progress
- Communication with home family
- Involvement in family activities and outings
Additional expenses beyond Tuition
- Registration fee is $300
- Student medical and accident insurance is required of all international students. International students must send documented proof of accident and sickness short term insurance. These fees will vary depending on the company you use and are the responsibility of the student. These fees are usually worked out with the agency you are working with.
- Dual Credit tuition fees: The Charles Finney School offers several courses that allow our students to earn college credit. Our agreement with several local colleges allows us to offer these courses at a substantially lower rate here on campus. These fees are approximately $300 per class. Payment of these fees is the responsibility of each international student.
- Students should also show evidence of sufficient funds in a bank account to cover additional living and social expenses.
- Students may purchase lunch with cash or by adding funds to their lunch accounts in the main office. Stop by the Business Office for more details.
- I-20, passport, transportation and all other associated fees are the responsibility of the student. You will need to check with the agency you are working with to see if any of these fees are covered in your agreement with them.
- English Language Learning Tutoring (ELL)
There may be additional English language support needed to be successful in our school. The amount of tutoring required is based on the student’s English Language Proficiency Standards set by the school and a Skype interview. The school will determine what level is required and when a student advances to a new level. Occasionally the agency will provide additional tutoring services outside of the school day. Fees for these services are to be worked out between the agency and the student.
Tuition and Fee Policy for International Students
- Pay in full by June 1: Pay by check mailed to the school’s business office or by wire sent to the school’s account.
- Pay by Semester: Two equal installments are due by June 1 and December 1 prior to the beginning of the upcoming semester. Pay by check, mailed to the school or by wire sent to the school’s account.
*Special Note: When figuring out the amount due please include tuition and all other fees
Tuition Refund Policy
- A full tuition refund will be given if the student is unable to attend prior to the first day of school.
- A 50% tuition refund will be granted up to the 5 week point of the first quarter for those who are using the two payment options. A 70% tuition refund will be granted for those who used the full- year pay option.
- No tuition refund will be granted after 5 weeks into the first quarter
Financially responsible parties, without exception, must sign a Tuition Agreement. Return a signed agreement to the business office immediately in order to finalize course registration and class enrollment. If no contract or payment is received, classes and/or enrollment will be offered to other students.
Multiple Student Discounts
Multiple student discounts are available for families wishing to send more than one child to the school. You will need to contact the school for more information regarding these discounts.