posted on November 18, 2016 09:09
The school year is well underway, and many of you have asked how you can support your child. Here are a few hints that may be helpful to you.
Stay informed about your child’s grades:
- Looking OFTEN on RenWeb to view you child’s progress.
- Emailing the teacher is a quick way to find out how your child is doing.
- Looking at their planner to know when test are coming up.
Questions to ask your child’s teacher:
- Is my child giving his/her best effort in class?
Do you have any concern regarding my child at this time?
- What is the policy for making up work?
- What is the best way to keep in touch?
Teach organizational skills:
- Help them to make a to-do-list.
- Clean room
- Talk to them about keeping their desk/locker clean.
- Supply them with a bin to place papers that need to be signed or looked at.
Know the schools policies:
- Go to the school’s website and read the parents’ handbook.
- Ask teacher’s for a copy of their classroom policies.
Hopefully, these few tips will help you throughout the school year. We are so blessed at Finney to have parents who support us and their children.