Once you have visited Finney or scheduled a personal appointment, we hope you will consider applying to The Charles Finney School. Below you will find the steps to apply and a checklist per school level to help you track each step.
Steps to Apply:
- Submit a completed Application for Admission online. The admissions office is available to assist you with the online application if needed.
- Submit 2-3 years of testing or evaluations, reports cards, transcripts, IEP/504s and any other important academic records. Records can be uploaded to online application.
- Submit all personal recommendations and references required per grade. Recommendations and references can be uploaded to the online application or sent through email using the online application.
- Complete all screening and entrance exams required by grade. Please call to schedule.
- Pay a $40 application fee. Payment options available online with the online application.
The Charles Finney School admits qualified students on a first-come basis. It is important that you apply as early as possible to have the best possible chance of securing your spot in a certain grade and/or in a particlular class your child is interested in. Open enrollment begins in January for the following school year. All applicants are notified by the Admissions Office about acceptance to the school. Additional testing and personal interviews may be required. If your child has not visited the school, a personal interview will be required.
Click on items in bold below to print forms or go to the application links.
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 School Year
Open enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year starts January 2017. Pre-K and Kindergarten Developmental Screenings will be scheduled in April and May. Please call Admissions to schedule. Pre-K and Kindergarten Orientation is Thursday, May 18th for enrolled students only. Freshman Orientation is Thursday, April 27th for enrolled students only.
The Charles Finney School recruits and admits students of any race, color, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities. In addition, the school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, fees, educational programs, athletic programs, and extra-curricular activities. Furthermore, The Charles Finney School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or ethnic origin in the hiring of its certified or non-certified personnel.