Together We Can "Do Something Greater"
The Charles Finney School PTO is an organization that partners with parents and faculty to create a sense of community that supports our students in their academic, social, and spiritual growth. As a parent or guardian of a Finney student, you are automatically a member of the Parent Teacher Organization! At the Charles Finney School, we realize that parent and family involvement is an integral part of the school's success.
The PTO's goal is to engage school families in school activities and to advocate for family and teacher needs and interests in the growth and advancement of the school. Every year presents opportunities to strive ahead with enthusiasm in reaching our goals. Opportunities to appreciate our faculty runs high on the list, as does continuing to improve communications to keep important information and needs before parents and teachers in a timely fashion. Building community among Finney families through Open Houses and other special events has also been an important effort.
We welcome your ideas and suggestions as well as your participation. Volunteer your time. Contribute your talents. Get involved. We need you!
"Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form
one body, so it is with Christ."
I Corinthians 12:12 (NIV)
* Encourage prayer support for our school, teachers, staff, and students.
* Promote and increase parent volunteerism at Finney.
* Be attentive to teacher and parent needs and questions.
* Foster communication between school and home through Parent Communications Rep email chain, the PTO webpage via the Finney website, and the school newsletter.
* Assist in maintaining teacher and staff morale through Parent Communications Rep support, appreciation meal events, and teacher appreciation week.
* Help build community among Finney families through social events, new family outreach, and direct assistance to the school administration.
* Organize fundraisers to raise money for the PTO fund in effort to financially support these goals.