High School English Teacher 9th
and 10th Grades
English teacher at The Charles Finney School is responsible for creating a
Christ-centered, educational atmosphere in the classroom, and for guiding
student growth in provided English curriculum for grades 9 and 10.
plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program to high
school students in 9th and 10th grade English classes. It
is our desire that this individual guide and encourage students to develop and
fulfill their academic potential. The teacher will embed a Christian
World view into the curriculum. Work is performed under the supervision of
Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and instructional materials that
facilitate active learning.
Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and
Use relevant technology to support instruction.
Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and
enforcing rules and procedures.
Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary
systems of the school.
Provide appropriate feedback on work.
Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use
information to adjust teaching strategies.
Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
Communicate necessary information in a timely fashion to students
and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning
Prepare classroom for class activities.
Provide a variety of learning materials and resources.
Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development.
Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
according to established standards of the school.
Personal faith in Jesus Christ with a passion for Christian
education is a must
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a field
of study relevant to this position
Valid teaching certificate/license (preferred not required)
Willingness to obtain ACSI Certification (paid for by the
Clean background check
review our website for a better understanding of our mission and vision as a
Cover letter and Resume to: Mr. Bret Miller (High School Principal) email@example.com
Elementary Teaching Positions for 2022-2023 School Year (K, 1st, 2nd )
The Charles Finney School is expanding! Due to high enrollment numbers for the 2022-2023 school year, we are adding additional elementary classes to various grade levels. We are seeking at least three full-time elementary classroom teachers to meet these demands.
Candidates should be confident in creating and implementing a flexible program and classroom environment favorable to student learning and personal spiritual growth. Candidates must be able to develop lesson plans consistent with established guidelines/curriculum map for all subjects. Establishing effective rapport with students, staff members, and parents is a must.
- Teach classes as assigned following the prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the administration.
- Regularly assess the learning of students, and provide progress reports as required.
- Provide an effective classroom management system.
- Maintain regular and accurate records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s progress. Aptitude to learn new technology platforms such as FACTS SIS, Google Classroom Suites, SMART Board implementation, Integration of Chromebooks, and Microsoft Office
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in education or from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Current professional certification in elementary education is preferred, not mandatory
- Because the school is accredited by several organizations, holding an ACSI certificate or being willing to participate in a program to complete the requirements for certification is a must. (Professional Development is paid or by the school)
- Prior teaching experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Strong commitment to the mission and philosophy of The Charles Finney School. (Please review the school website for details)
- Willing to sign and abide by the school’s employee Lifestyle Statement.
- Spiritually mature; a strong Christian walk; inspires and encourages students to follow God's word; a strong working knowledge of scripture desired.
- If new to, willingness to learn how to integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Agreement to uphold our strong conservative values is a must.
BE A PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL AT FINNEY!
All interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to:
Yvonne Paganelli firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Principal for 2022-2023 School Year
General Job Description
As The Charles Finney School’s enrollment numbers grow, so does our need for another Principal. The person filling this role will oversee the Pre-K-4th grades. They will be responsible for all aspects of the academic program. This includes, but is not limited to, the administration, instruction, co-curricular programs, conducting teacher observations/evaluations, conferences and parent/community relations as they pertain to grades Pre-K- 4th. They will supervise approximately 10 faculty members, teacher aides and several specials’ teachers. The principal will help guide the spiritual and academic development of the students. This position is a salaried 12-month position with reduced flexible summer hours.
This individual will monitor instructional progress through collaboration with the president to evaluate program goals. They will gather and analyze significant data relevant to the success of academic initiatives. They will develop and implement short and long-range plans to improve academic quality and help support the reaccreditation process over the next 24 months.
Four-year degree BS in Education; Master’s Degree in education preferred; Experience in school administration and/or teaching a must. Competence in the supervision and training of teachers and staff; Self-motivated, energetic, organized, flexible individual who desires to relate, nurture, and minister to children in a Christ-centered environment.
The candidate must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The candidate must accept without verbal or mental reservations the school’s “Statement of Faith” and be willing to sign the school’s Lifestyle Statement.
The candidate must abide by all applicable regulations set forth in the Faculty and Parent/Student Handbooks. He/She agrees to cooperate with the school authorities and adhere to the policies adopted by the School Board. The Principal reports to the President. Please review our website to gain a better understanding of the school’s vision and mission.
Pre-K-4th Grade Principal responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Help set academic vision and goals and develop efficient ways for faculty to meet these goals. Continue to seek ways to improve the school.
- Manage and maintain the general operations of the Pre-K-4th that includes; communication with staff/students/parents/and board when requested
- Work with Students Services and school counselor as needed
- Checking REN WEB regularly for log entries and following up with parents
- Meet with students concerning academic or disciplinary issues as needed. Principal is responsible for documentation of these meetings and contacting parent or guardian.
- Monitor grades in REN WEB and help develop strategies for success when needed in collaboration with teacher/s
- Conduct initial interviews when new teachers need to be hired.
- Reviewing new curriculum as needed in conjunction with teachers
- Create yearly schedule in collaboration with other administrators
- Drop-in classroom visits
- Teacher Observations- Write a yearly formal evaluation for each teacher and include improvement plans when needed
- Staff meetings (weekly)
- Participates as part of the Leadership Team (monthly meetings)
- Work with the Admissions Director reviewing files as needed
- Attend CSE meetings as needed (during school hours)
- Write accommodation plans if needed
- Keep track of professional development hours
Please send a cover letter and resume to the President of the school at: email@example.com
High School Science Teacher
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree in science education or education with a concentration in science or the equivalent. Teaching experience preferred. Job requirements include planning and executing an effective teaching plan for conveying scientific theories, formulas and processes, managing the classroom and using current teaching theory and methods. Desired soft skills include excellent student rapport, time management, interprofessional skills, organization and flexibility. Candidates must comply with our faith and Lifestyle statements and uphold the student handbook principles.
We are searching for a dedicated and experienced high school science teacher to join our team. As a science teacher, you will be required to potentially deliver lessons in Earth Science or Environmental Science, Biology, and Health. There may be need to teach an additional elective such as Anatomy and Physiology. An ability to developing students' theoretical and applied scientific skills and reasoning, especially as you prepare students to apply their Christian values in the current world is important. You will also be responsible for assigning homework, grading assignments and quizzes, managing the lab experiences and documenting students' progress.
To be successful as a science teacher, you should possess a thorough understanding of effective and evidence-based teaching practices. Our ideal candidate will be able to create a stimulating learning environment that is sensitive to students' psychosocial and spiritual needs and for the variety of cultural backgrounds our international students represent
Science Teacher Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
· Planning and presenting lessons to facilitate students' understanding and application of scientific concepts across scientific specialties.
· Preparing and distributing learning material such as notes, assignments, and quizzes.
· Sourcing the resources and supplies needed for lessons both in lecture and lab experiences.
· Ensuring that the classroom remains safe and conducive to learning.
· Grading assignments and quizzes in a timely manner.
· Administering and proctoring quizzes and final examinations.
· Documenting and reporting on students' progress utilizing the technology available.
· Attending meetings with parents and staff, both virtually and face to face.
· Functioning as a team member to make referrals as needed and communicate for optimal learning of each student.
· This position is a full-time teaching position for the academic year.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Mr. Bret Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org