Middle School Science Teacher Needed for the 2019-2020 School Year
We are seeking qualified candidates to interview for a middle school science position for the 2019-20 school year. This position is full-time with a starting date of August 26, 2019.
Along with teaching a combination of hands-on (FOSS) and textbook approach to middle school science this teacher will teach 6th grade Bible.
- Strong commitment to the mission and philosophy of The Charles Finney School. (please review the website for details)
- Spiritually mature; a strong Christian walk; inspires and encourages students to follow God's word; a strong working knowledge of scripture
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies (e.g. direct instruction, cooperative learning, individualized instruction, and inquiry) to engage students.
- Prepare daily and/or weekly plans and materials based on school's curriculum map.
- Demonstrates experience in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive collaboration approach.
- A team player; able to work with others; contributing ideas and receiving wisdom from others
- High fluency level in written and oral communication.
- Ability to select a variety of activities, media and technology to respond to the diversity of learning styles and needs of the students in the class.
- Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Current professional certification is preferred, but not mandatory
- Prior teaching experience is a plus, but not mandatory
- Willingness to continue with on-going professional development
Interested candidates should mail a cover letter and resume to the K-8 Principal;
Mrs. Paganelli at email@example.com